PLAYING RESPONSIBLY IS IMPORTANT
Playing responsibly means being in control of your online gambling experience as part of your entertainment.
WHAT IS OUR COMMITMENT TO RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING?
We are dedicated to protecting our players, monitoring fraudulent and criminal activity and averting underage gambling. We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the correct tools are in place to help you enjoy your gambling. It is our promise to offer a fair gambling experience and we will ensure transparency with our marketing initiatives.
PREVENTING UNDERAGE GAMBLING
It is a legal requirement within the United Kingdom to be over the age of 18 in order to gamble. It is our responsibility to ensure players who register an account with us go through a verification process to ensure they are of legal age to gamble. There are various protection tools that parents and guardians can implement to prevent underage gambling. CYBERsitter for example is a filtering software that allows parents to add sites which they would like to be blocked. Visit CYBERsitter here.
ENJOYING YOUR PLAY
Your time on our website should be an enjoyable experience so we therefore advise that you follow these simple guidelines before and during your play:
1) Make a decision before you play on your limits regarding deposit, wager and losses. Keep up to date with your transactions and check on a regular basis how much time and money you're spending.
2) Prioritise your daily responsibilities accordingly and ensure your play does not interfere with your normal everyday activities.
3) Don't play if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
4) Don't try to chase your losses. If you think that you are losing control of your gambling consider applying a limit, restrict your account or seek further help.
TRANSACTIONS AND GAMING HISTORY
Your transaction history is available online, where you can see your current cash and bonus balances, as well as deposits and withdrawals.
The gaming history is also accessible, allowing you to see how much you have gambled, at what times of the day, in which games, the balance after each bet, winnings and the current total funds available to either continue wagering with or to withdraw.
Looking at your gambling habits gives you the chance to reflect on how comfortable you are with the time and money you are spending and may prove helpful to identify issues before they become a problem. We have created this self-assessment to help you make that analysis.
Taking the last 12 months into account, answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to each of these questions:
- Do I need to gamble with larger amounts of money or for a longer period to get the same feeling of excitement?
- Do I feel restless or irritable when trying to cut down or stop gambling?
- Have I tried to control, cut back or stop gambling without success?
- Do I spend a lot of time thinking about gambling?
- Do I often gamble when feeling distressed in some way, like for example anxious, stressed, lonely, guilty or depressed?
- Do I chase my losses by trying to win back money I lost?
- Have I lied to others about how much time or money I spend gambling?
- Has my gambling affected my relationships or my job?
- Have I sold possessions or relied on others to lend me money when I have lost it because of gambling?
- Do I often play until all my money is gone?
- Have I ever thought about self-harm or suicide because of my gambling?
- Have I ever stolen money to fund my gambling?
- Have I lost interest in my family, friends or hobbies because of my gambling?
- Have I ever played under the influence of alcohol or other substances?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to four (or more) of these questions, you may be experiencing problem gambling and we recommend that you consider applying limits to your account(s) or self-excluding, as well as speaking to someone about your answers. If you wish to limit or self-exclude your account, click here when logged in, or consider the National Online Self-Exclusion scheme, GAMSTOP. More information about the signs of problem gambling and how to get help can be found visiting BeGambleAware or GamCare.
[Test adapted from DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria: Gambling disorder]
REALITY CHECK REMINDER
The Reality Check is a feature which will allow you to set a reminder informing you of the time you have spent playing on the site. This facility is available online here when logged in. The Reality Check timer will start as soon as you place your first bet and will continue to appear at the selected intervals, until you end your gaming session.
When you reach your selected time period you will be presented with a notification message advising you of your time spent playing and providing you with options to continue or close the gaming session.
The Reality Check reminder may not work as expected if you do not accept cookies or use ‘incognito’ mode on your browser.
It is advisable to decide on your financial limits before you start to play, as the chances of players experiencing a gambling problem are greatly reduced with this in mind.
You can control your play with different types of limits:
• Deposit limits enable you to set a limit on the amount of money you deposit into your account for a given period;
• Net loss limits allow you to control the maximum amount of money you can lose over the selected period;
• Wagering limits allow you to limit the amount you can wager for the period selected;
• Session limits will limit the amount of time you can stay logged into your account.
The financial limits can be set on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and you can adjust your limits whenever you choose to.
You can reduce your limits here when logged in, with immediate effect.
Any request to increase a financial limit is subject to a 24 hour ‘cooling off’ period. Once the cooling off period has ended, you will be prompted to confirm your new request in order to activate the increased limit. The original limit will remain active until then and in case you decide you no longer want the change.
If you wish to remove a limit, please contact customer support.
If you wish to take a break, a time-out period facility is available online here when logged in or by contacting our Customer Service team.
You can request a time out period of 24 hours, 7 days or 30 days. Your account will automatically become accessible once the time out period ends.
Self-exclusion allows you to take a break from gambling, if it becomes something else other than fun and entertainment.
If you are having difficulty controlling your gambling and wish to add yourself to the UK National Online Self-Exclusion scheme, GAMSTOP, you may do so by visiting the following link – www.gamstop.co.uk
Upon accessing the GAMSTOP website, you will be prompted to supply some personal information including, but not limited to, first name, last name, e-mail address, date of birth and telephone number. Once you have input your personal information you will be asked to verify your attempt to register with GAMSTOP. Once you have confirmed your addition to the register, GAMSTOP will contact you to request some further information for security purposes (such as identity verification). Once GAMSTOP are satisfied with the information received, your request to be added to the GAMSTOP register will be complete.
Alternatively, you can also self-exclude in our website only and for the chosen period all accounts that you hold with both Betit Operations Limited and MT SecureTrade Limited will be subject to your self-exclusion request. This facility is available online here when logged in or by contacting our Customer Service team.
During the self-exclusion agreement, we will exclude any accounts you hold with us and our group companies and return any remaining balances to you. Once you have chosen to self-exclude, the process cannot be reversed for any reason and you will not be able to apply to open new accounts.
During this period we will not send you any marketing material and we cannot accept any deposits or bets. Please note however, that whilst your details will be removed from our mailing database this may not prevent you from receiving marketing material which is already in the process of being sent. We would ask you to please disregard any such material received accordingly.
Once the self-exclusion period has expired, your accounts will remain closed unless you contact us to reactivate. Once a reactivation request has been received, a further 7 days 'cooling off' period applies.
HELP AND SUPPORT
The National Gambling Helpline can offer you immediate help and support in confidence. Please call the National Gambling Helpline free on: 0808 8020 133 (8:00am to midnight, seven days a week) or visit the website here.
The Responsible Gambling Trust is the leading charity in the UK committed to minimising gambling-related harm. As an independent national charity funded by donations from the gambling industry, the Responsible Gambling Trust funds education, prevention and treatment services and commissions research to broaden public understanding of gambling-related harm. You can visit the website here.
Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to do the same. Gamblers Anonymous offers the hand of friendship to anyone who is looking to try and stop gambling. You can visit the website here.
If you feel that you are experiencing difficulty with gambling, you could consider blocking access to all gambling sites from your PC by installing blocking software such as GamBlock which uses sophisticated tools to block all gambling sites and software. Visit Gamblock here.